55th DPS Meeting
Abstracts & Proposals
Splinter meeting submission is closed.
DPS Splinter Meetings are science or programmatic meetings.
- Splinter Meetings can be scheduled from 1-7 October.
- Additional fees may apply to meetings scheduled after the DPS meeting closes.
- Any DPS Member can request a Splinter Meeting.
- Splinter Meetings are considered part of the main DPS Meeting and are not free-standing; participants must register for the DPS meeting.
- A summary of the meeting topic and content must be submitted (few hundred words).
- Splinter Meetings can be proposed as Private (by invitation) or Open to DPS attendees (Public).
- Public Splinter Meetings will be scheduled not to conflict with DPS Invited Talks.
- Private (invitation only) Splinter Meetings can be scheduled at any time.
- The identified session organizer must be an DPS Member and should submit complete contact information, including onsite contact information.
- Public Splinter Meetings can be published in the Meeting program with the approval of the DPS Executive Office.
- Splinters can be proposed as fully virtual, hybrid or strictly in-person, public or private, sponsored or not sponsored by the DPS Division.
- All public splinter rooms will have a complimentary hard-drop internet line and AAS/DPS will be providing an event specific zoom license to each organizer.
- If the splinter is not sponsored, the organizers for any type of splinter are responsible for all costs associated with the Meeting, including, but not necessarily limited to the logistic staff support & admin fee ($550 per day), catering, A/V equipment, phone services, and all applicable taxes and service charges. All catering orders are subject to a taxable service charge, and sales tax. Logistical Staff support & admin fee $550 per day and will be invoiced by the AAS once the meeting closes and is audited.
Video Conferencing Scenarios:
- Private Splinters: Organizer provide an AAS/DPS supplied Zoom link to their invitees. No other types of video conferencing platforms will be accepted. Private events cannot be sponsored.
- Public Splinters non-sponsored: An AAS/DPS supplied Zoom link or Gathertown and a complimentary internet line will be provided for hybrid and virtual sessions. This is included in the registration costs.
16 Jul: Splinter proposals due
Deadlines for Accepted Proposals
21 Jul: Acceptance letters sent out by DPS Chair
All Splinter organizers, regardless of type of splinters, will be required to provide their own computer and if needed, video conferencing software. The DPS Gathertown space can be made available for fully virtual splinters.
4 Aug: Final Session Descriptions and Titles Due
Sessions titles and descriptions are posted in the online general schedule and published in the Meeting Program. If your proposal text needs to be updated to be publication-ready, do so by this date.
10 Aug: Session Cancellation
If you no longer wish to hold a session, please notify the meetings team of your cancellation by this date.
11 Aug: Catering Request Deadline
If your session requires food and beverage, please send that request to us by this date.