Gifts in any amount may be sent by check or credit card directly to the AAS Executive Office at the address below. If you wish to direct your contribution to a specific objective, simply indicate the fund(s) for which the gift is designated.
The AAS is qualified under the US Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) to receive contributions that are tax deductible. The American Astronomical Society's tax identification number is 21-0735173.
American Astronomical Society Executive Office
1667 K Street NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20006
For those looking for a legacy investment, please stay tuned. In the meantime, you're welcome to give to the AAS Initiative Endowment Fund. Your gift will be counted toward the $20,000 needed to set our perpetual endowment into motion!
Help advance the American Astronomical Society and its mission to enhance and share humanity's scientific understanding of the universe. With more than 50 funding opportunities available, there is something for everyone.
- Cash gifts make an immediate impact on the funds, prizes, programs, and activities that have meaning to you.
- Gifts of appreciated assets, such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds, can be an excellent way to provide support while maximizing tax benefits.
- A gift of a charitable IRA rollover is a convenient, tax-saving way for donors who are at least 70½ years old to support the AAS.
Thank you for considering naming the American Astronomical Society as a primary or contingent beneficiary of your retirement or other financial account. We deeply appreciate your thoughtfulness and vision. The AAS is happy to accept contributions in this way, but before taking any action, you should consult with your tax or financial advisor, as the AAS cannot provide specific advice or guidance to you in financial matters.
- A gift of retirement plan assets helps you avoid a federal income tax and a potential federal estate tax.
- A gift through a will is not subject to federal estate taxes and therefore reduces the tax burden of an estate.
- A gift through a trust provides income-tax benefits while maintaining provision for your heirs.