HEAD 21 Meeting
Abstracts & Proposals
HEAD members may propose Special Sessions to discuss scientific topics of interest to the HEAD community. Sessions are 90 minutes and usually include 3-6 talks, and they may feature topical talks by multiple speakers, or a panel discussion, or other presentation formats. Special sessions are usually scheduled as parallel sessions in the main HEAD program and are held in the main HEAD meeting auditoriums. There is no cost to the organizer for audio/visual support.
- Any AAS or HEAD Full Member can submit a request for a Special Session
- Special Sessions are considered part of the main HEAD Meeting
- Participants must be registered HEAD meeting attendees.
- A summary of the meeting topic and content must be submitted.
- The named organizer of the Special Session should submit complete contact information, including onsite contact information/cell phone number.
- Special Session proposals are reviewed and selected by the HEAD Executive Committee after the submission deadline. Given scheduling constraints it may not be possible to accommodate all proposals.
- Session organizers will be notified via email of proposal acceptance or rejection
- Organizers of accepted Special Sessions are solely responsible for session content, and for ensuring that speakers are available and agree to present. Organizers are also responsible for ensuring that session speakers upload titles and abstracts by the program deadline (8 December 2023)
- There are no costs to the organizer for accepted Special Session proposals.
Submit a Special Session
- 27 Sep: Special Sessions due
- 6 Oct: Acceptance letters sent out
- 20 Oct: Final Session descriptions and titles, preliminary list of speakers, and titles due
- 8 Dec: Final Special Session list of speakers, titles, and abstracts submitted