AASTCS 5: Radio Exploration of Planetary Habitability
Abstract submission has closed.
Rules and Regulations
- Any person may submit an abstract.
- Each person must submit their own abstract (you may not submit on someone's behalf).
- There is a limit of *one* abstract (oral or poster) per primary author.
- Presenters must be listed as the first author on the paper.
- Presenting/first author must register for the meeting.
- There is no limit to the amount of abstracts you co-author.
Abstract must be submitted through the presenting author's AAS record. If the submitter is not an AAS member, the submitter must create an AAS login.
The submitter/primary author/presenting author will be notified when the abstract has been successfully submitted, and scheduled.
Abstract Form Steps
The form contains instructions on the various steps required to complete a submission. Once you have completed the Title Step you are assigned a control number and may exit and re-enter the system. The abstract must be complete by the deadline, 9:00 pm ET, Wednesday, 15 March 2017.
Abstract Body Text Format - 2,250 character maximum
You can continue to make changes to your abstract before the deadline of 9:00 pm ET, 15 March 2017. For the submitted abstract you wish to edit, click the "Return to Draft" button. This will return the abstract to draft status, allowing you to make further edits to the abstract. Please remember to re-submit the abstract before the deadline.
Because eligibility is established on the Presenting Author, his/her name may not be edited on the abstract form. Contact email@example.com to have spelling errors corrected. To switch presenting authors you must submit a new abstract.
Categories are used as a guide for the Meeting SOC to build coherent sessions. The final session assignments and session titles are at the discretion of the SOC. Below are the categories:
Stellar Activity and Star-Planet Interaction
Radio Detection and Characterization of Exoplanets
Posters allow far more time and flexibility and are the default presentation type. Posters are ideal for using charts, graphs or detailed visual aids. The poster area serves as the meeting’s social center.
- Posters should fit within the 44" x 44" area.
- Poster sessions will be arranged by scientific category.
- Posters will be up for an amount determined by each SOC.
- Poster presenters should be available during their respective poster sessions.
If you're interested in printing your poster near the meeting venue, try the FedEx Office Print & Ship Center at 72799 Hwy 111, Palm Desert, CA 92260, located about 5 miles from the Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa and easily accessible via public transportation.
The number of oral presentation time slots are limited. Oral presentations may be changed to posters if there are no remaing slots. All authors whose abstracts are changed will be notified.
- The length of each oral presentation will be determined by the SOC.
- Slides should be uncluttered and easy to read.
- Practice a few times so the presentation fits comfortably into the assigned time slot.
- Read the AV instructions.
- Abstracts by North American residents may not be presented by proxy. Notify firstname.lastname@example.org if an author cannot attend.
- In the case of severe physical misfortune, a joint abstract may be presented by a co-author, even if the co-author is presenting another abstract. The original author must notify the email@example.com, making an explicit statement of the cause.
- If a member residing outside of North America belatedly discovers that they cannot attend the meeting, they may arrange to have the paper presented by another member. The Abstract Administrator must be notified ahead of time.
Deadlines, Schedule Changes
We will strictly adhere to the following deadlines.
- The deadline for receipt of regular abstracts is 9:00 pm ET, Wednesday, 15 March 2017.
If you have a problem with the scheduling of your abstract, contact the Abstract Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the session number where you are currently scheduled and the session(s) number where you would like to be scheduled. No changes will be made to the schedule after 3 April 2017.
Publication of Abstracts
The meeting and abstract schedule are published in various formats.
- Paper Final Program: Distributed at the meeting; includes abstract titles.
- Online Final Program: Available 2 weeks prior to the meeting and includes full abstract text. Members and presenters are notified as soon as the Program is online.
- Astrophysics Data System: All abstracts are sent to ADS.
Edits to Abstracts
We understand that edits sometimes need to be made to abstracts after they are submitted. We try hard to accommodate edits and changes as we lead up to the conference, but due to certain publishing deadlines we will be unable to edit abstracts starting after 3 April 2017.