Vaccination Verification Requirement
All participants at the in-person 239th meeting, whether a presenter, attendee, exhibitor, staff, guest, or vendor, will be required to be fully vaccinated. You must provide proof of vaccination to register for the in-person event. For more information, please visit the Health & Safety Information Center webpage.
AAS 239 will be a return to in-person meetings. The Board of Trustees has decided to require full COVID-19 vaccination for all AAS 239 on-site attendees, staff, and support contractors without exception. Those who are not vaccinated and/or who opt not to travel are encouraged to register for the limited virtual meeting platform, which will enable remote participation — at a reduced registration rate — in key aspects of the conference such as plenary talks, iPosters, town halls, and press conferences. For more information, please visit the Health & Safety Information Center webpage.
Volunteer to Help
We love getting help from undergrads, grads, postdocs, and local amateur astronomers to help at registration, usher at events, and help with various other odd (but greatly appreciated) jobs! Sign up today!
Important Dates & Deadlines
- 13 Oct: Catering request deadline
- 14 Oct: Workshop & Splinter final session descriptions due
- 19 Oct: Special Session speaker abstract deadline
- 23 Oct: Session building deadline
- 29 Oct: Abstract submission deadline (extended)
- 5 Nov: Early registration deadline (extended)
- 30 Nov: Regular registration deadline
- 9 Dec: Session cancellation deadline (Program closes for edits — NO EXCEPTIONS)
- 16 Dec: Speaker registration deadline
- 4 Jan: Late registration deadline
- 4 Jan: Last day to register (No onsite registration available)
AAS Meeting Attendee Lists Are Not for Sale
If you've received an email offering a list of AAS meeting attendees for sale, you're being scammed. We do not share our attendee lists with third parties. Learn more
Salt Lake cityscape [Jon Burkholz]