Join us in Seattle, WA
6–10 January 2019
233rd Meeting of the
American Astronomical Society
Washington State Convention & Trade Center
705 Pike St., Seattle, WA 98101
Please Note: Hotel Booking Scams
A housing pirate is an unauthorized housing provider that often suggests that it has some kind of affiliation with a conference and offers reduced rates to attendees of that conference.
AAS has become aware that one or more unauthorized entities has been contacting its members offering to accept hotel reservations for the 233rd AAS Meeting in Seattle, WA. Please be aware that the AAS Executive Office is the only official housing bureau for the 233rd AAS Meeting in Seattle, WA.
We encourage you to be very careful before making a reservation through an unauthorized housing provider, since its legitimacy and policies may be questionable and AAS will not be able to assist with any issues arising out of the reservation. Before making a reservation with such an entity, we recommend you check its rating with the Better Business Bureau and read on-line reviews. Also, if another company besides the AAS contacts you, please contact the AAS Executive Office immediately at 202-328-2010 x104 or if you receive an email or other written communication, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the links provided on the AAS meeting website to ensure your reservation.
AAS members have already been approached by one such poachers -- Global Housing Corp., Convention Housing, and Conventioneers, LLC.
- AAS Meeting Attendee Lists Are Not for Sale - 3 August 2018
- Reserve Your Exhibit Space and Save Money - Book Before 9/27/18! - 27 July 2018
- George Ellery Hale Plenary Lecture at January 2019 Meeting - 27 June 2018
- Greg Laughlin Named Kavli Lecturer for January 2019 Meeting - 25 June 2018
- Elena Aprile of XENON1T to Receive 2019 Berkeley Prize - 18 June 2018
- AAS 233: Special Session & Town Hall Proposals Due Soon - 15 May 2018
- Session Proposals Welcome for AAS 233 in Seattle - 23 April 2018