(In its left-side menu, that page has links to the CSWA's magazine Status and to the Women in Astronomy blog.)
History: Established June 1, 1979.
Members: Originally five members — two men and three women — appointed by the Board of Trustees in June, preferably from a list of volunteers. Enlarged to 12 members in 2012.
Term: Three years, June to June; staggered; from the close of one Annual Members' Meeting to the close of the next Annual Members' Meeting.
Chair: Appointed by the AAS Board; three year term, from the June business meeting to June business meeting.
Charge: Recommends to the Board of Trustees practical measures that the AAS can take to improve the status of women in astronomy and encourage their entry into this field.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES LIAISONS
- Patricia Knezek (Jun 2017 - Jun 2020); Note: Chair of the CSWA
- Nancy D. Morrison (Jun 2010 - Jun 2019)
- Gregory Rudnick (Jun 2017 - Jun 2020)
- Shobita Satyapal (Jan 2017 - Jan 2020)
- Angela Speck (Jun 2017 - Jun 2020)
- Cristina A. Thomas (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- Aparna Venkatesan (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- Nicolle Zellner (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)