(In its left-side menu, that page has links to the CSWA's magazine Status and to the Women in Astronomy blog.)
History: Established June 1, 1979.
Members: Originally five members - two men and three women - appointed by Council in June, preferably from a list of volunteers. Enlarged to 12 members in 2012.
Term: Three years, June to June; staggered; from the close of one Annual Members' Meeting to the close of the next Annual Members' Meeting.
Chair: Appointed by the AAS council; three year term, from the June business meeting to June business meeting.
Charge: Recommends to the Council practical measures that the AAS can take to improve the status of women in astronomy and encourage their entry into this field.
- Christina Richey, Chair (Aug 2015 - Jun 2018)
Mail Code 3C79
Washington, DC 20062-0001 United States
- David Charbonneau (Jun 2011 - Jun 2017)
- Heather Flewelling (Aug 2015 - Jun 2018)
- Daryl Haggard (Jun 2014 - Jun 2017)
- Jessica D. Mink (Aug 2015 - Jun 2018)
- Nancy D. Morrison (Jun 2010 - Jun 2019)
- Vishnu Reddy (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- Shobita Satyapal (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- Sara Seager (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- Cristina A. Thomas (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- Sarah E. Tuttle (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- Aparna Venkatesan (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- Stuart N. Vogel (Aug 2015 - Jun 2018)
- Nicolle Zellner (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)