WGAD Presentations and Documents
Here we will post presentation/poster slides, annual reports, publications, and press coverage. We provide multiple file formats for accessibility; please let us know if any of the files/formats present any issues or could be provided in a better format to meet your needs!
Women in Astronomy IV Universal Design panel slides (.pptx)(.pdf)
AAS 230 Poster (.pdf) (.pptx) (iPoster)
AAS 229 Poster (.pdf) (.pptx) (YouTube audio narrated poster)
AAS 231 Talk -- Status of the Workforce (.pptx)
AAS 231 Talk -- Publication Access Forum (.pptx)
AAS 231 Poster (.pdf)
AAS 235 Town Hall slides (Google slides)
WGAD annual reports
2019-2020 Annual Report (Coming soon!) (.pdf) (.docx)
2018-2019 Annual Report (.pdf) (.docx)
2017-2018 Annual Report (.pdf) (.docx)
2016-2017 Annual Report (.pdf) (.docx)
January-April 2016 Report (.pdf) (.docx)
Astro2020 APC White Paper: Accessible Astronomy: Policies, Practices, and Strategies to Increase Participation of Astronomers with Disabilities (Full paper posted to the arXiv; covered by AstroBites)
Universal Design resources
CU Office for Accessible Technology: Creating accessible MS Word docs and Powerpoints
Some classroom universal design tips are in our Women In Astronomy presentation (.pptx) (.pdf)
Making engagement with you and your work accessible
Website accessibility tips, CU Boulder Disability Services Office
WebAIM: making your website screen reader accessible
Adobe: Creating accessible PDFs and PDF accessibility checker (included with Acrobat)
Verify your figures use colorblind accessible palettes with Color Oracle
MS Office accessibility checker built into Office suite software
Blogs to follow*:
- Access Astronomy Astronomers post about their experiences, share access news, talks, and resources.
- Autistic Hoya Lydia X. Z. Brown posts about disability justice, ableism, and advocacy.
- Ramp Your Voice! Vilissa Thompson writes about self-advocacy for PWD and being a disabled woman of color.
- Crip the Vote Alice Wong, Andrew Pulrang, and Gregg Beratan write about politics and policy impacts for PWD.
*Blogs are not affiliated with WGAD or the AAS.
People/consultancies/access providers WGAD is a fan of:
WGAD thanks you for your help in making astronomy more accessible!!
AAS organizational cross-posts on climate and accessibility
1. AAS Climate Site Visit Oversight Committee. Recent document releases approved by the AAS Board: Best Practices for an Inclusive Climate and Climate Site Visit Manual