Six New Career Profiles Have Been Posted
The AAS Committee on the Status of Women in Astronomy (CSWA) and the AAS Committee on Employment have compiled dozens of interviews highlighting the diversity of career trajectories available to astronomers both inside and outside of academia. The interviews share advice and lessons learned from individuals on those various paths.
Six new career profiles have been posted in recent weeks:
- Anonymous − Large Research 1 University, Lecturer (non-tenure track)
- Eileen Chollet − Center for Naval Analyses, Research Analyst
- Bryan Gaensler − University of Sydney, Professor of Physics; Australian Laureate Fellow; Director for the Centre of Excellence for All-Sky Physics
- Christine Jones − Smithsonian Institution, Senior Astrophysicist; Director of Smithsonian Consortium on Unlocking the Mysteries of the Universe
- Melissa Nysewander − Fidelity Investments, Principal Data Scientist
- Andre Wong − Teledyne Imaging Sensors, ASIC Design Engineer
As new profiles are published, we’ll add links from the Career Profiles page and let AAS members know about them via this website and our e-newsletter.