54th DPS Meeting
DPS 202254th Annual Meeting of the Division for Planetary Sciences
London, Ontario & Virtually Anywhere
2 – 7 October 2022
COVID-19 Policy for DPS 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic remains a threat to the health and safety of the DPS community. Therefore, the DPS will:
- Require proof of initial full primary vaccination for any conference attendee, exhibitor, or staff member with a vaccine approved for use by the WHO (https://covid19.trackvaccines.org/agency/who/), and
- Require proof of booster vaccination for any conference attendee, exhibitor, or staff member if the individual is eligible to receive a booster prior to the conference or event as recommended by the CDC or equivalent health authority where the individual resides. (Eligibility is determined based on the date proof is presented, not the date of conference.)
- Require, within the constraints of local regulations and employment law, the full and up-to-date vaccination of any local support staff.
- Require full masking of all conference attendees, exhibitors and staff (including local staff subsequent to the constraints of local regulations and employment law) at the meeting venue when indoors (unless actively eating or drinking). Masks are also required at all DPS events held at off-site locations, including the field trip shuttle buses. Masks must fully cover the participant’s nose and mouth.
- Encourage conference attendees, exhibitors, and staff members to utilize personal coronavirus testing to ensure they may travel safely without risk of infecting others and to take appropriate measures (e.g. isolating, seeking medical care, etc.) if they test positive before, during or after the conference. Free testing kits will be made available to participants who request them from the registration desk. Free testing kits are also available at any local pharmacy in London (e.g., Shoppers Drug Mart). Those who test positive during or after the meeting are asked to notify AAS staff or conference organizers of their health status.
- Forbid conference attendees, exhibitors, and staff members from entering the meeting venue if they are experiencing COVID symptoms or have a recent positive COVID test (fewer than 10 days from first positive COVID test or initial symptoms). Participants should take a self-assessment before attending conference activities in person (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/). Those found violating this policy will be subject to sanctions as outlined in the AAS Code of Ethics (https://aas.org/policies/ethics), as it pertains to “Conduct Toward Others”.
- Implement recommended safety policies and procedures regarding conference space and layout; food and beverage delivery; and other relevant policies.
- Adjust this policy as conditions and guidance from local health authorities dictate (https://covid-19.ontario.ca/). Additional restrictions may be applied based on this guidance. Every reasonable attempt will be made to provide timely updates to registrants and minimize participant risk.