Abstracts & Proposals
241st meeting of the American Astronomical Society
8 – 12 January 2023
Splinter Meetings are science or programmatic meetings that do not fit the definition of Special Session (e.g., longer than 90 minutes, or with a by-invitation audience). Proposers should consider whether a weekend Workshop, or a summer Meeting-in-a-Meeting might meet their objectives.
Submissions are currently closed for Splinter Meeting proposals.
Splinter Meeting Proposal Deadlines
- 28 Sep: Splinter proposals due
- 14 Oct: Acceptance letters sent out with catering menus and order form
- 25 Oct: Final session descriptions and titles due. Sessions titles and descriptions are posted in the online general schedule and published in the Meeting Program. If your proposal text needs to be updated to be publication-ready, do so by this date.
- 10 Nov: Catering request deadline. If your session requires food and beverage, please send that request to us by this date.
- 29 Nov: Session cancellation. If you no longer wish to hold a session, please notify the meetings team of your cancellation by this date.
Splinter Meeting Guidelines
Please reference the following resource when preparing a Splinter Meeting proposal: