Important Dates & Deadlines
- 16 March — Abstract deadline: Abstracts received after this deadline will not be considered. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
- 18 March: Late Breaking Abstracts open
- 1 April: Invited Speaker Abstract deadline & Late-Breaking Abstract deadline
- 7 May: Speaker registration deadline
- 12 May: iPoster Author Training #1
- 13 May: Session cancellation deadline
- 19 May: iPoster Author Training #2
- 21 May: Early Registration deadline
- 26 May: iPoster Author Training #3
- 28 May: iPoster publish deadline, please note you will be able to continue working on your poster after the initial publish deadline up to the meeting
- 1 – 3 June: Speaker Training(s)
- 3 June: Late registration - no cancellations and refunds after this date
Nominations Requested for Plenary Speakers at AAS 238
One of the central features of the AAS Summer and Winter Meetings is their plenary talks spanning the full breadth of astrophysics. Some plenaries are given by prize winners from the AAS and other organizations, while other speakers are selected by the AAS Vice Presidents. Most plenary talks present science content, but talks on the state of the profession, demographics, and societal issues of relevance to the astronomical community are also regularly scheduled.
The AAS VPs solicit nominations from the community for potential plenary speakers and/or topics. They seek dynamic speakers who can deliver engaging, visual-rich presentations to a general audience of astronomers, on topics that are of broad interest to the community. Candidate speakers from under-represented groups and institutions, and from a range of career stages, are especially welcome. Self-nominations are accepted.