Russell Lectureship Committee
Members: Expanded to six members. Two new members nominated each year. Chair of the Heineman Prize Committee is ex-officio.
Term: Three years, January-December
Chair: One of the two senior members of the Committee, selected by the Board of Trustees.
Charge: Nominates candidates for the Henry Norris Russell Lectureship. Awardees are chosen for a lifetime of eminence in astronomical research. Expanded to proposing new Honorary members for Board of Trustees approval.
"Noting that the Warner/Pierce Prizes are for junior astronomers, that the Heineman Prize has been established as a mid-career award, and that the Russell Lectureship traditionally has been for senior astronomers, the [Board of Trustees] requests the Warner/Pierce Prize Committee, the Heineman Prize Committee, and the Russell Lectureship Committee to take full note of this distinction in making each annual choice."
- Beth Willman, Chair (Jan 2017 - Dec 2019)
LSST / University of Arizona
950 N Cherry Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719-4933 United States
- Robert D. Blum (Jan 2016 - Dec 2019)
- Kenneth C. Freeman (Jan 2018 - Dec 2020)
- Chris David Impey (Jan 2017 - Dec 2019)
- Iain Neill Reid (Jan 2018 - Dec 2020)
- Linda J. Smith (Jan 2016 - Dec 2018); Note: Ex-officio; Heineman Prize Chair