Code of Ethics Committee
History: Established 2016.
Chair & Members: Appointed by the AAS President for a term of one year, beginning at the conclusion of the AAS summer meeting.
Charge: To promote a high level of ethical conduct by astronomers through development and sponsorship of educational activities for AAS members and other astronomers; to oversee the investigation of complaints concerning possibly unethical conduct of AAS members, attendees of AAS-sponsored meetings, and users of AAS-sponsored services; and to supervise mediation or recommend sanctions when a violation of the Code is found to have occurred.
- Angela Speck, Chair (Jun 2018 - Jul 2019)
University of Missouri, Columbia
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
Columbia, MO 65211-0001 United States
Fax: (573) 882-4195
- Megan Donahue (Jun 2018 - Jul 2020); Note: Ex officio
- A. Meredith Hughes (Jun 2017 - Jul 2019)
- Richard A. Perley (Jun 2017 - Jul 2019)
- Marc Postman (Jun 2018 - Jul 2019)
- Tonia M. Venters (Jun 2018 - Jun 2019)
- J. Craig Wheeler (Jun 2017 - Jul 2019)