Family Leave Policies and Childcare for Graduate Students and Postdocs
Special session 127, 221st AAS Meeting, Long Beach, CA, Monday, Jan 07, 2013
Organized for the CSWA by David Charbonneau and Laura Trouille
Our presenters were as follows. Each presentation may be downloaded in PDF format via the link on the presentation title. The program listing, with abstracts, is here.
In addition, Laura Trouille briefly presented preliminary results from the CSWA's postdoc family leave survey, summarized here.
- David Charbonneau, (Harvard University and member, CSWA), "A National Survey of Parental Leave and Childcare Policies for Graduate Students in Departments of Astronomy" (922 KB)
- Natalie M. Gosnell (University of Wisconsin-Madison), "Implementing a Paid Leave Policy for Graduate Students at UW - Madison: The Student Perspective" (86 KB, same PDF as following talk)
- Robert D. Mathieu, (University of Wisconsin-Madison), "Implementing a Paid Leave Policy for Graduate Students at UW-Madison: The Department Chair Perspective" (86 KB, same PDF as previous talk)
- Edward A. Ajhar (National Science Foundation and St. Thomas University, Miami Gardens, FL) "NSF's Career-Life Balance Initiative and the NSF Astronomy and Astrophysics Postdoctoral Fellowships" (705 KB)
- Charles A. Beichman and Dawn M. Gelino, (JPL); Ronald J. Allen (STScI), and Andrea H. Prestwich (Harvard-Smithsonian CfA) "NASA's Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs" (437 KB)