It's Time to Register & Make Hotel Reservations for the 45th DPS Meeting
Regular registration is open for the 45th annual meeting of the AAS Division for Planetary Sciences, 6-11 October 2013, in Denver, Colorado. Log in and register today. Regular registration deadline: 5 September 2013.
Hotel reservations for the 45th DPS meeting are still available at the Sheraton Denver Downtown. Make your reservation by 3 September 2013 to take advantage of the AAS negotiated rate.
There will be a wide range of invited plenary talks at the meeting, including the following subjects and speakers: Voyager and the heliopause (Ed Stone), the Chelyabinsk meteor (Mark Boslough), 20 years of Kuiper Belt exploration (Hilke Schlichting), M-dwarf planets (Phillip Muirhead), seasonal changes on Titan (Caitlin Griffith), and end-of-the world scares (David Morrison, joint with the AAS Historical Astronomy Division). We also expect plenary talks by the DPS Urey, Kuiper, and Sagan prize winners.
Here are 10 more reasons to attend the 45th annual DPS meeting:
- Hear the latest science from planetary missions including MESSENGER at Mercury, Cassini at Saturn, Curiosity at Mars, and the Kepler exoplanet hunter.
- Present your latest and greatest research results in planetary science.
- Meet colleagues and discuss planetary science (and go on, admit it: gossip).
- See the latest widgets and wonders on display from the space industry in the Exhibit Hall.
- Participate in workshops on future missions, grant writing, career development, and collaborations with amateur astronomers.
- Participate in education and public outreach activities, including a live event during the Juno flyby of Earth.
- Visit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to experience their Space Odyssey.
- See a special exhibition of space art and enjoy an evening with artists in the Denver gallery district.
- Explore the Rocky Mountains: hike, bike, or see the elk bugling in the rugged hills to the west of town.
- Drink craft beer brewed in some of Colorado's 187 breweries.
AAS Registrar and Meetings Coordinator