Inclusion of events on the AAS Calendar is for viewer information only and does not imply endorsement by the American Astronomical Society.
This meeting will bring observers, modelers, and theorists from around the world together to discuss the chemical evolution of the Universe across the entire sweep of cosmic history, with an eye toward the progress enabled by the coming ELTs. Topics will include:
- the birth of the first stars,
- the formation of the first galaxies,
- the formation and growth of supermassive black holes,
- galaxies at the peak of star formation in the universe,
- studies of DLAs, the ISM, IGM, and CGM,
- studies of resolved stellar populations and metal-poor stars in the Milky Way and nearby galaxies
The meeting program will encourage workshop-style discussion at a beautiful retreat in the Hudson Valley, 30 min from New York City.