Working Group on Astroinformatics and Astrostatistics (WGAA)
History: The WG was established at the 220th Meeting, June 2012 in Anchorage in response to a White Paper report submitted to the Astro2010 Decadal Survey.
Members: Any AAS member with an interest in these fields is invited to join.
Steering Committee: ~10 members including the chair; initially appointed by the Council and in successive terms, nominated by the Working Group and confirmed by the AAS Board of Trustees
Term: Three years staggered, with terms beginning and ending at the close of the annual summer meeting. Members may be re-appointed.
Chair: Initially appointed by Council after consultation with the inaugural WG members. In successive terms, nominated by the Working Group; confirmed by the AAS Board of Trustees.
Charge: The Working Group is charged with developing and spreading awareness of the applications of advanced computer science, statistics and allied branches of applied mathematics to further the goals of astronomical and astrophysical research.
The Working Group may interact with other academic, international, or governmental organizations, as appropriate, to advance the fields of astroinformatics and astrostatistics. It must report to the Board of Trustees annually on its activities, and is encouraged to make suggestions and proposals to the AAS leadership on ways to enhance the utility and visibility of its activities.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES LIAISON
- Gwendolyn Eadie, Chair (Jun 2018 - Jun 2021)
University of Toronto
Seattle, WA 98195-1580 United States
Fax: (905) 546-1252
- Ashish A. Mahabal, Chair (Jun 2019 - Jun 2022)
1200 E. California BLVD., MC 249-17
Pasadena, CA 91125-0001 United States
Fax: (626) 568-9352
- Kirk D. Borne (Jun 2018 - Jun 2021); Note: Represents the IAA
- Jessi Cisewski (Jun 2017 - Jun 2020); Note: Represents the ASA
- Eric B. Ford (Jun 2012 - Jun 2020)
- Matthew Graham (Jun 2018 - Jun 2021)
- Joshua Goldston Peek (Jun 2018 - Jun 2021)
- Aneta Siemiginowska (Jun 2012 - Jun 2020)
- C. Alex Young (Jun 2018 - Jun 2021)