- Interdisciplinary Research and Resources;
- Individual IAU Membership;
- Access to Scientific Data and Information;
- Diversity Among Astronomers; and
- Young Researcher Participation in IAU.
Members: The USNC is composed of officers and five categories of other representatives all supported by staff of the National Research Council. The AAS elects three members to the USNC to represent the AAS (so-called Category I), up to three members to represent the AAS Board of Trustees (so-called Category II), and has representation in Category IV, which are ex-officio voting members. In addition the Secretary of the USNC is the Secretary of the AAS.
Term: Three years, terms end 30 September of year indicated
Chair: Ken Kellermann (2019)
Vice Chair: Roger Blandford (2019)
Past Chair: Lynne Hillenbrand (2016)
Secretary: G. Fritz Benedict (2019)
NASEM Staff Officer: Kathie Bailey, Category V (Ex officio, non-voting)
Charge: Effects appropriate participation by the United States in International Astronomical Union through the National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council.
- Neta A. Bahcall (Jan 2016 - Sep 2019); Note: Category IV (Ex officio, voting)
- Kelle L. Cruz (Jun 2017 - Sep 2020); Note: Category II (Appointed)
- Debra M. Elmegreen (Jun 2015 - Sep 2027); Note: Category IV (Ex officio, voting)
- Xiaohui Fan (Jan 2016 - Sep 2019); Note: Category I (Elected)
- John S. Gallagher (Jan 2017 - Sep 2020); Note: Category I (Elected)
- Fiona Harrison (Jun 2017 - Sep 2019); Note: Category IV (Ex officio, voting)
- Chryssa Kouveliotou (Jan 2017 - Sep 2019); Note: Category III (NAS Astronomy Section)
- Stephen C. Unwin (Nov 2016 - Sep 2019); Note: Category II (Appointed)
- C. Megan Urry (Jun 2017 - Sep 2020); Note: Category III (NAS Astronomy Section)