History: First established in June 1933 as Cannon Committee. Became Advisory Committee when the Prize's administration turned over to the AAUW in 1974. The Prize is now (2005) being administered by the AAS and is being restructured.
Members: Originally, three members with one new member nominated every two years by the Appointments Committee for approval by the Council in January. With the amendment shortening the term to three years and awarding the prize annually, one new member is nominated and approved annually.
- Angelle M. Tanner, Chair (Jan 2015 - Dec 2017)
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762 United States
- Natalie M. Batalha (Jan 2015 - Dec 2017)
- Cornelia C. Lang (Jan 2015 - Dec 2017)
- Travis A. Rector (Jan 2015 - Dec 2017)
- Judit Gyorgyey Ries (Jun 2016 - Jun 2017)