Goals: The Task Force is set to
- evaluate the new board governance model and its effectiveness;
- provide input/advice on how the governance model might be modified to best achieve the goals of the AAS.
Term: The term is temporary, starting in October 2022 and ending in May 2023 when the Task Force is expected to present their final reports to the Board of Trustees.
Charge: Consider the following questions and provide input and advice to the AAS Board. Hosting focus groups and/or holding interviews are strongly encouraged. Please provide a written update by the end of the calendar year (to be discussed at the January Board meeting and Strategic Assembly in Seattle in January 2023) and a full report by the end of May (to be discussed at the June Board meeting and Strategic Assembly).
- What is the optimal size of the Board? What are the pros and cons of the current size?
- Are there modifications to the nominations process that would enhance the Board membership?
- Is the meeting frequency and duration appropriate and/or optimal?
- Are there ways the Board processes, expectations, and work structure could be improved?
- Given the Board self-assessment, are the modifications to the governance structure that could positively impact areas of concern?