6 March 2023
2023B NASA IRTF Call for Proposals
NASA IRTF, MKOCN
The due date for proposals to use NASA's 3-meter Infrared Telescope Facility (IRTF) on Maunakea for the 2023B semester (1 August 2023 to 31 January 2024) is Monday, 3 April 2023. See our online submission form, which is available for proposal submission from 12:00 am on 1 March until 5:00 pm HST on 3 April 2023.
Available instruments include:
- SpeX, a 0.7–5.3 micron cross-dispersed medium-resolution spectrograph (up to R=2,500) and imager;
- MORIS, a 512 x 512 pixel Andor CCD camera (60" x 60" field-of-view) mounted at the side-facing window of the SpeX cryostat that can be used simultaneously with SpeX;
- iSHELL, a 1.06–5.3 micron cross-dispersed echelle spectrograph (up to R=80,000) and imager.
- MIRSI/MOC, a 5–20 micron camera and grism spectrograph, and optical imager.
- ‘Opihi, a wide-angle finder mounted to and aligned with IRTF.
Information on available facilities and visitor instruments and performance can be found on the IRTF website.
Exposure time calculators for SpeX and iSHELL are available on the respective instrument web pages.