2023A NASA IRTF Call for Proposals
NASA IRTF, MKOCN
The due date for proposals to use NASA's 3-meter Infrared Telescope Facility (IRTF) on Maunakea for the 2023A semester (1 February 2023 to 31 July 2023) is Monday, 3 October 2022. See our online submission form, which is available for proposal submission from 12:00 am on 1 September until 5:00 pm HST on 3 October 2022.
Available instruments include:
- SpeX, a 0.7–5.3 micron cross-dispersed medium-resolution spectrograph (up to R = 2,500) and imager;
- MORIS, a 512 x 512 pixel Andor CCD camera (60" x 60" field-of-view) mounted at the side-facing window of the SpeX cryostat that can be used simultaneously with SpeX;
- iSHELL, a 1.06–5.3 micron cross-dispersed echelle spectrograph (up to R=80,000) and imager.
- MIRSI/MOC, a 5–20 micron camera and grism spectrograph, and optical imager.
- ‘Opihi, a wide-angle finder mounted to and aligned with IRTF.
Information on available facilities and visitor instruments and performance can be found on the IRTF website.
Exposure time calculators for SpeX and iSHELL are available on the respective instrument web pages.