A Celebration of E. Margaret Burbidge
Frank Timmes Arizona State University
You are invited to join the online symposium to honor the late pioneer E. Margaret Burbidge — the first woman to serve as AAS President (1976-1978) and Inaugural Fellow of the AAS — on Wednesday, 8 July 2020, 1:00-3:00 pm ET. The event will celebrate her life and science through short talks from her colleagues and collaborators as well as researchers who have benefited from her trailblazing and scientific insights.
- George Fuller (University California, San Diego)
- Anneila Sargent (California Institute of Technology)
- Virginia Trimble (University California, Irvine)
- Fred Hamann (University California, Riverside)
- Vesa Junkkarinen (University California, San Diego)
- Amanda Karakas (Monash University)
- Artemis Spyrou (Michigan State University)
- Anna Frebel (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- Nicole Vassh (University of Notre Dame)
The event website can be consulted for any updates and viewing a commissioned illustration.
Or you can dial in: +1 312 626 6799, Webinar ID: 975 8371 7468, Password: 922521
We encourage you to please share this email invitation with any colleagues, friends, or institutions that might be interested as the event is open to all.
The Organizing Committee:
Frank Timmes, Arizona State University
Nicole Vassh, University of Notre Dame