Have You Voted in the 2020 AAS Election?
Diane Frendak, American Astronomical Society (AAS)
Nearly 800 ballots have been cast thus far in the 2020 AAS election of Officers and Trustees, but do we have yours? Every vote is important, and those candidates elected will be empowered to decide the direction and goals of the Society.
Per the AAS Bylaws, Full Members, Emeritus Members, Graduate Student Members, and Undergraduate Student Members are eligible to vote in AAS elections. If you’re in this group and have yet to cast your ballot, you should have received an email reminder on 15 January — and that email includes your entrée to the voting portal.
New Voting System
The eBallot system is making its AAS election debut! If eBallot is new to you, please note that most members can take advantage of one-click access to their ballot via the email sent on 15 January.
Review candidate statements, position duties, and current leadership rosters before you vote. Candidate information and statements are accessible on your ballot as well. The documents will open in a new window.
Things to Know & Troubleshooting
- Check your junk folder if the email isn’t in your inbox. Look for emails from AAS Secretary Alice K. B. Monet.
- Having trouble with one-click access to your ballot while at work? Server environments at some government agencies and universities don’t always play nice with third-party applications. If this happens to you, please consider voting at home or on your phone during an off-campus break.
- Once you click the Submit button you will not be able to vote again.
- After casting your ballot, a confirmation page will display where you can print out your votes/selections. You will not receive a confirmation email.
- Chrome and Firefox are eBallot’s preferred browsers.
- If you need to type in your username and password to log into the voting portal, please note that these credentials are different than the ones used for aas.org or my.aas.org.
Need help? Want to request a paper ballot instead? Please contact the AAS membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-328-2010 x106 or x109.
Balloting closes at 11:59 pm EST on 31 January 2020!