Coming Soon: AAS Job Register 3.0
The AAS Job Register is a great source for career opportunities in the astronomical sciences, including fellowships, management positions, faculty appointments, and more. We want to make the Society's job board even better, so we've taken suggestions from the AAS Committee on Employment and top recruiters to enhance the site's functionality and refresh the look. Here’s a preview of the new iteration’s enhancements:
- New jobs more often! Job announcements will be posted online immediately after payment and approval. No more waiting until the start of the month!
- Job seekers can track the status of a given position. Recruiters can indicate where they are in the hiring process by updating the position with the following steps:
- Accepting Applicants
- Reviewing Applicants
- Interviewing Applicants
- Offer Made
- Position Filled
- On Hold
- Job seekers can search job postings by:
- Category or position (e.g., tenure track, science management)
- Institution type (e.g., research laboratory, industry, planetarium)
- Salary range
- Job seekers can also sort by job title, deadline, and more!
- Recruiters will receive reminders to update the status of their position.
- Recruiters can easily extend a four-week posting by adding time in one-week increments.
The new Job Register will also feature a more mobile-friendly theme, so you can search or post on the go. Future improvements are planned, and with the new version, additional features will be easier to implement. Look for the new AAS Job Register this summer!
Director of Membership Services