University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion of events on the AAS Calendar is for viewer information only and does not imply endorsement by the American Astronomical Society.
The annual Dunlap Institute Summer School includes both lecture and laboratory activities and is intended for students who have finished at least the 3rd year of an undergraduate program or are in the early years of a graduate program, and have a background in astronomy, physics, or engineering.
- Learn basic principles of radio, infrared, optical and x-ray instrumentation
- Learn how detectors and spectrographs work
- Learn in lecture and hands-on laboratory sessions
- Work with students from around the world
- Learn about a career in instrumentation
- Learn from international leaders in the field of astronomical instrumentation
- Attend a professional development/mentoring session
Instructors include leading instrumentation and observational astronomers from the Dunlap Institute, U of T’s Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics, and from Canadian, U.S. and international institutions. Visit our website for a list of confirmed instructors as it is updated.
Registration fee: $500.00
Travel subsidies and registration fee waivers available.
Applications and travel subsidy deadline: 28 February 2018
For details and to apply: dunlap.utoronto.ca/summer-school