Members: Appointed in January by the Council.
Term: Two years, June to June.
Chair: Appointed by the Council. Serves from one annual business meeting to the next: June - June.
Charge: Nominates candidates for the Helen B. Warner Prize for Astronomy and the Newton Lacy Pierce Prize in Astronomy.
"Noting that the Warner/Pierce Prizes are for junior astronomers, that the Heineman Prize has been established as a mid-career award, and that the Russell Lectureship traditionally has been for senior astronomers, the Council requests the Warner/Pierce Prize Committee, the Heineman Prize Committee, and the Russell Lectureship Committee to take full note of this distinction in making each annual choice."
- Louis-Gregory Strolger, Chair (Jun 2015 - Jun 2017)
Space Telescope Science Institute
3700 San Martin Dr
Baltimore, MD 21218-2463 United States
- Elizabeth L. Blanton (Jun 2015 - Jun 2017)
- Thomas E. Harrison (Jun 2016 - Jun 2019)
- M. Coleman Miller (Jun 2016 - Jun 2018)
- Lisa A. Prato (Jun 2015 - Jun 2017)