USNC for the International Union of Radio Science (USNC-URSI)
- Interdisciplinary Research and Resources;
- Individual IAU Membership;
- Access to Scientific Data and Information;
- Diversity Among Astronomers; and
- Young Researcher Participation in IAU.
Members: The USNC is composed of officers and five categories of other representatives all supported by staff of the National Research Council. The AAS elects three members to the USNC to represent the AAS (so-called Category I), three members to represent the AAS Board of Trustees (so-called Category II), and has representation in Category IV, which are ex-officio voting members. In addition the Secretary of the USNC is the Secretary of the AAS.
Term: Three years, January-December
Charge: The committee effects appropriate participation by the United States in the International Union of Radio Science through the National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council. Further information about the committee is available at http://sites.nationalacademies.org/pga/biso/URSI/index.htm
- Jeffrey Gary Mangum, Chair (Jan 2018 - Dec 2020)
520 Edgemont Rd
Charlottesville, VA 22903-2454 United States
Fax: (434) 296-0278
Note: Commission Chair J: Radio Astronomy
- Richard F. Bradley (Jan 2018 - Dec 2020); Note: Chair, URSI Commission J
- David R. DeBoer (Jan 2018 - Dec 2020); Note: Society Representative