Skip to main content
- AIP Statistical Research Center — A great source for data on education and employment in physics, astronomy, and allied fields.
- NSF Science and Engineering Statistics — Long term data on federal research funding, student and workforce demographics, public attitudes and understanding, industry, and more.
- NAS Career Reports — Publications for career planning, doctoral program trends and rankings, ethics, and women in science.
- Survey Points to Mismatch Between PhD Students, Their Programs, and Their Potential Employers
- AIP article "Astronomy Degree Recipients Initial Employment" from April, 2015.
- AIP report "Physics Bachelors: One Year After Degree" from Sept., 2016.
- The Production Rate and Employment of PhD Astronomers — A paper about the astronomy job market, originally presented at the summer 2007 AAS meeting.
- Downloadable PDF with statistics for STEM — The Nonacademic Careers of STEM PhD Holders by Turk-Bickard, Berger and Haxton