"My job includes staring off into space. How awesome is that?!"
Affiliation: NSF’s National Optical-Infrared Astronomy Research Laboratory (NOIRLab)
- Committee on the Status of Minorities in Astronomy, 2006–2012
- Demographics Committee, 2010–2015
- Council (Board) member 2013–2016
- Committee on Astronomy and Public Policy (CAPP), 2016–present
- AIP Venture Partnership Fund Committee, 2019–present
Areas of Scientific Interest: My main research interests include the study of active galactic nuclei, their influence on galaxy evolution, and how the large-scale structure environment might contribute to their triggering. I have also recently been more actively involved in science policy and creating and advancing opportunities to bring more under-represented minorities and women into the “astronomy enterprise," which includes research science, engineering, data science, and instrument building. I am particularly interested in how expanded access to data, data products, and other resources can lead to broader inclusion in astronomy research.