"I used to laugh at the idea that the study of folklore is scientific, but now I know that science is more about process than content."
Position/Title: Astrophysicist, Folklorist, Science Communicator
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Committee on the Status of Minorities in Astronomy (CSMA) member, 2018–2021
Areas of Scientific Interest: My thesis topic is galactic habitability from a dynamics perspective. I'm trying to see how the motion of the Milky Way affects exoplanet populations.
- AAS Chambliss Astronomy Achievement Student Award, 2016
- National Astronomy Consortium Fellow, 2017–2018
- Astronomy in Chile Education Ambassador, 2018
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow, 2018–2021