History: Established June 1, 1979.
Members: Originally five members - two men and three women - appointed by Council in June, preferably from a list of volunteers. Enlarged to 12 members in 2012.
Term: Three years, June to June; staggered; from the close of one Annual Members' Meeting to the close of the next Annual Members' Meeting.
Chair: Appointed by the AAS council; three year term, from the June business meeting to June business meeting.
Charge: Recommends to the Council practical measures that the AAS can take to improve the status of women in astronomy and encourage their entry into this field.
- Joan T. Schmelz, Chair (Jun 2009 - Jun 2015)
Univ. of Memphis
Dept. of Physics
Memphis, TN 38152-0001 United States
Fax: (901) 678-4733
- Edmund Bertschinger (Jun 2010 - Jun 2016)
- David Charbonneau (Jun 2011 - Jun 2017)
- Neil Gehrels (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Daryl Haggard (Jun 2014 - Jun 2017)
- A. Meredith Hughes (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- John A. Johnson (Jun 2013 - Jun 2016)
- Jessica Kirkpatrick (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Nancy D. Morrison (Jun 2010 - Jun 2016)
- Christina Richey (Jun 2014 - Jun 2017)
- Caroline E. Simpson (Jun 2014 - Jun 2015)
- Nicolle Zellner (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)