Abstracts & Proposals
241st meeting of the American Astronomical Society
8 – 12 January 2023
Workshops are focused meetings, typically with a small group of participants, usually on an educational, programmatic, or career topic. Workshops are typically collaborative and interactive. Some examples of Workshops include tutorials on use of astronomical software, introductions to tools related to scheduling and data analysis for observatories and missions, and communications training.
Submissions are currently closed for Workshop proposals.
Workshop Proposal Deadlines
- 3 Aug: Workshop proposals due
- 18 Aug: Acceptance letters sent out
- 22 Sep: Final session descriptions and titles due. Sessions titles and descriptions are posted in the online general schedule and published in the Meeting Program. If your proposal text needs to be updated to be publication-ready, do so by this date.
- 10 Nov: Catering request due. If your session requires food and beverage or any additional A/V equipment other than what is provided, please send that request to us by this date.
- 29 Nov: Session cancellation. If you no longer wish to hold a session, please notify the meetings team of your cancellation by this date.
Please reference the following resource when preparing a Workshop proposal: