Abstracts & Proposals
241st meeting of the American Astronomical Society
8 – 12 January 2023
Town Halls are intended for federal agencies and national observatories to present policy information and to solicit feedback from their user communities. Missions and facilities (current and future) that wish to focus on science capabilities and results should select a different session category.
Submissions are currently closed for Town Hall proposals.
Town Hall Proposal Deadlines
- 3 Aug: Town Hall proposals due
- 18 Aug: Acceptance letters sent out
- 22 Sep: Final session descriptions and titles due. Sessions titles and descriptions are posted in the online general schedule and published in the Meeting Program. If your proposal text needs to be updated to be publication-ready, do so by this date.
- 10 Nov: Catering request due. If your session requires food and beverage or any additional A/V equipment other than what is provided, please send that request to us by this date.
- 29 Nov: Session cancellation. If you no longer wish to hold a session, please notify the meetings team of your cancellation by this date.
Town Hall Guidelines
Please reference the following resource when preparing a Town Hall proposal: