Abstracts & Proposals
241st meeting of the American Astronomical Society
8 – 12 January 2023
Special Sessions are for current observatories, missions and facilities to discuss scientific results and plans, and for discussion of education and state-of-the-profession topics. There is no required format, and they may feature multiple speakers, a panel discussion, or other presentation formats. Town-Hall type events should not be proposed as Special Sessions.
Submissions are currently closed for Special Session proposals.
Special Session Proposal Deadlines
- 3 Aug: Session proposal due
- 18 Aug: Acceptance letters sent out
- 8 Sep: Speaker List due. Please submit your full and confirmed speaker list by this date, including all speaker affiliations.
- 22 Sep: Final session descriptions and titles due. Sessions titles and descriptions are posted in the online general schedule and published in the meeting program. If your proposal text needs to be updated to be publication-ready, do so by this date.
- 29 Sep: Speakers sent notification they are invited to submit their abstract to a Special Session
- 25 Oct: Special Session speaker abstract deadline. Speakers in Special Sessions must submit their abstracts by this date.
- 1 Nov: Session building deadline. Session organizers will receive Session Building information, allowing them to organize speakers and accept or decline contributed abstracts. Session Building must be complete by this date, at 12:00 pm ET.
- 29 Nov: Session cancellation. If you no longer wish to hold a session, please notify the meetings team of your cancellation by this date.
Special Session Guidelines
Please reference the following resource when preparing a Special Session proposal: