||Workshop Proposals due
|Deadlines for Accepted Proposals
||Acceptance Letters Sent Out with catering menus and order form
||Final Session Descriptions and Titles Due
Sessions titles and descriptions are posted in the online general schedule
If your session requires food and beverage or any additional A/V equipment other than what is provided, please send that request to us by this date.
If you no longer wish to hold a session, please notify the meetings team of your cancellation by this date.
An AAS Workshop is a focused meeting, typically with a small group of invited participants, usually on an educational, programmatic or career topic. Workshops are typically collaborative and interactive. Examples include tutorials on use of astronomical software, and tools related to scheduling and data analysis for observatories and missions. Formal Working Group meetings for observatories and missions are usually scheduled as Workshops.
- Scheduled in response to proposals from AAS Full Members.
- Workshops are considered part of the main AAS Meeting, and are not free-standing. Participants must register for the current meeting.
- Held on Saturday and/or Sunday at both winter and summer meetings. Topics for sessions in the main AAS Meeting should be proposed for one of the other session types.
- Have a length of a half-day, full-day, or two full-days.
- Scheduled in parallel with other workshops.
- A summary of the meeting topic and content must be submitted.
- The Workshop organizer must complete the online form in full, and provide information to assist AAS staff in scheduling and logistics.
- Individual speaker abstracts are not published for Workshops.
- Costs associated with the administration fee, catering and equipment rental are the responsibility of the Workshop organizer. The fees will be invoiced by the AAS once the meeting closes and is audited.
All Workshops will appear on the AAS meeting registration form, with a minimum registration fee of $35. If you do not wish your Workshop to be included on the registration form, please request a Splinter Meeting instead. Any registration fees collected towards your workshop will be applied to your balance (Logistics support staff, webinar licenses, etc.).
Logistical Staff support & admin fee $550 per day
Organizers are responsible for all costs associated with the Workshop including, but not necessarily limited to, the Logistical Staff Support & admin Fee ($550 per day), A/V Fee ($50), and all applicable taxes and service charges. The virtual platform and admin fee may be collected prior to the meeting. All other charges will be billed by the AAS to the organizer or sponsor following the meeting.