||Splinter Proposals due
|Deadlines for Accepted Proposals
||Acceptance Letters Sent Out with catering menus and order form
||Final Session Descriptions and Titles Due
Sessions titles and descriptions are posted in the online general schedule and published in the Meeting Program. If your proposal text needs to be updated to be publication-ready, do so by this date.
||Catering Request Deadline
If your session requires food and beverage, please send that request to us by this date.
If you no longer wish to hold a session, please notify the meetings team of your cancellation by this date.
Splinter Meeting Reminders:
- Splinter Meetings are science or programmatic meetings that do not fit the definition of Special Session (e.g., longer than 90 minutes, or with a by-invitation audience). Proposers should consider whether a weekend Workshop, or a summer Meeting-in-a-Meeting might meet their objectives.
- Splinter Meetings are held at winter and summer meetings
- Splinter Meetings can be scheduled before, during, or after AAS meeting days
- Additional fees may apply to meetings scheduled after the AAS meeting closes.
- Any AAS Full Member can request a Splinter Meeting
- Splinter Meetings are considered part of the main AAS Meeting and are not free-standing; participants must register for the current meeting.
- A summary of the meeting topic and content must be submitted.
- Splinter Meetings can be proposed as Private (by invitation) or Open to AAS attendees
- Public Splinter Meetings sessions will scheduled not to conflict with AAS Invited Talks.
- Private (invitation only) Splinter Meetings can be scheduled at any time.
- The identified session organizer must be an AAS Member and should submit complete contact information, including onsite contact information.
- Public Splinter Meetings can be published in the Meeting program with the approval of the AAS Executive Office.
- Costs associated with the AAS Administration fee, catering and equipment rental are the responsibility of the Splinter Meeting organizer. The fees will be invoiced by the AAS once the meeting closes and is audited.
- Meeting requests are honored and assigned on a first come, first served basis depending on meeting room availability.
Organizers are responsible for all costs associated with the Splinter Meeting, including, but not necessarily limited to the logistic staff support & admin fee ($550 per day), catering, A/V equipment, internet, phone services, and all applicable taxes and service charges.
All catering orders are subject to a taxable service charge, and sales tax.
Logistical Staff support & admin fee $550 per day
Open Splinter Meetings may not be scheduled in conflict with plenary sessions (invited or prize talks) but private splinter meetings may be mission or observatory splinter meetings not scheduled in conflict with lunch time or evening town halls.