Abstracts & Proposals
242nd meeting of the American Astronomical Society
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 – 8 June 2023
Special Sessions are for current observatories, missions and facilities to discuss scientific results and plans, and for discussion of education and state-of-the-profession topics. There is no required format, and they may feature multiple speakers, a panel discussion, or other presentation formats. Town-Hall type events should not be proposed as Special Sessions.
Submissions are currently closed for Special Session proposals.
Special Session Deadlines
- 5 Feb: Session proposal due (deadline extended from 31 Jan)
- 9 Feb: Acceptance letters sent out
- 10 Apr: Special session speaker abstract submission notices
- 13 Apr: Final session descriptions due
- 18 Apr: Regular submission site closes
- 25 Apr: Abstract build deadline
Special Session Guidelines
Please reference the following resource when preparing a Special Session proposal: