Junior Member Benefits
- Receive two years of membership for the price of one when first joining the Society, or speak to the AAS Agent at your institution about a four-year membership
- Join AAS Divisions at the discounted AAS member rate
- Register at reduced rates for AAS and Division meetings
- Renew your membership during the the Society's annual renewal drive and save 15% the following year on your share of the author charges for one paper published in an AAS journal, i.e., the Astronomical Journal or the Astrophysical Journal, Letters, or Supplement (Learn more)
- Travel with discounted car rentals through Hertz
- Receive competitive insurance rates through the American Physical Society Insurance Trust (APSIT)
- Benefit from financial services through the NASA Federal Credit Union.
- Find the latest career opportunities through the AAS Job Register monthly email
- Stay current with the member-only AAS News Digest and email alerts
- Read your free copy of Physics Today, available in print and online
- With paid subscription at the member rate, access the Society's premier scientific publications, the Astronomical Journal, the Astrophysical Journal, Letters, and Supplement
- Present talks or posters at AAS meetings
- Compete in the Chambliss Astronomy Achievement Student Awards competition
- Vote in AAS and (where applicable) Division elections
- Submit nominations for AAS grants, prizes, and awards
Junior Membership is open to persons who are either:
- under 28 years of age, actively involved in the advancement of astronomy or a related science. Persons in this category normally hold or are studying for a B.S. or higher in astronomy or related field.
- full time students, regardless of age, pursuing a degree in astronomy or related science at college level or higher. Full time students must provide proof of student status.
2018 Dues = $84