History: The WG was established at the 220th Meeting, June 2012 in Anchorage in response to a White Paper report submitted to the Astro2010 Decadal Survey.
Members: Any AAS member with an interest in these fields is invited to join.
Steering Committee: ~10 members including the chair; initially appointed by Council and in successive terms, nominated by the Working Group and confirmed by the AAS Council
Term: Three years staggered, with terms beginning and ending at the close of the Annual Summer Meeting. Members may be re-appointed.
Chair: Initially appointed by Council after consultation with the inaugural WG members. In successive terms, nominated by the Working Group; confirmed by the AAS Council.
Charge: The Working Group is charged with developing and spreading awareness of the applications of advanced computer science, statistics and allied branches of applied mathematics to further the goals of astronomical and astrophysical research.
The Working Group may interact with other academic, international, or governmental organizations, as appropriate, to advance the fields of astroinformatics and astrostatistics. It must report to Council annually on its activities, and is encouraged to make suggestions and proposals to the AAS leadership on ways to enhance the utility and visibility of its activities.
- Zeljko Ivezic, Chair (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
Univ. of Washington
Dept. of Astronomy
Seattle, WA 98155 United States
- Kirk D. Borne (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Stanislav G. Djorgovski (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Eric Feigelson (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Eric B. Ford (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Alyssa A. Goodman (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Joseph M. Hilbe (Jan 2013 - Jun 2015)
- Ashish A. Mahabal (Jan 2013 - Jun 2015)
- Aneta Siemiginowska (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Alexander S. Szalay (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Richard L. White (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)