History: Established March, 1982 with the Chrétien Trust.
Members: Six members appointed by Council for staggered terms.
Term: Three years, Jan. - Dec.; an individual may be reappointed once.
Chair: Appointed annually by Council, the Chair is one of the two senior committee members, individuals in the last year of their term on the Committee.
Charge: Evaluates nominations and chooses annual recipients of Chrétien International Research Grants. The Chrétien award is made annually by the AAS in compliance with the requirements of the Henri Chrétien Trust to honor the memory of Professor Henri Chrétien. The awards are made on the basis of merit and promise, normally to young observational astronomers for projects involving international cooperation or travel.
- Pierre Bastien, Chair (Feb 2008 - Dec 2013)
Univ. de Montreal
Dept. de Physique
C.P. 6128 Succursale Centre-Ville
Montreal, QC H3C 3J7 Canada
Fax: (514) 343-2071
- Anita L. Cochran (Jan 2011 - Dec 2014)
- John R. Percy (Feb 2008 - Dec 2013)
- Mercedes T. Richards (Jan 2013 - Dec 2015)
- David R. Soderblom (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)
- Christine Wilson (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)