History: Established June 1, 1979.
Members: Originally five members - two men and three women - appointed by Council in June, preferably from a list of volunteers. Enlarged to 10 members in 2009.
Term: Three years, June to June; staggered; from the close of one Annual Members' Meeting to the close of the next Annual Members' Meeting.
Chair: Elected by the committee members, for a one year term, from the June business meeting to June business meeting.
Charge: Recommends to the Council practical measures that the AAS can take to improve the status of women in astronomy and encourage their entry into this field.
- Joan T. Schmelz, Chair (Jun 2009 - Aug 2015)
Univ. of Memphis
Dept. of Physics
Memphis, TN 38152-0001 United States
Fax: (901) 678-4733
- Edmund Bertschinger (Jun 2010 - Jun 2016)
- David Charbonneau (Jun 2011 - Jun 2014)
- Neil Gehrels (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- A. Meredith Hughes (Jun 2012 - Aug 2015)
- Nancy D. Morrison (Jun 2010 - Dec 1969)
- Nicholas Arnold Murphy (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)
- Nicolle Zellner (Jun 2012 - Jun 2015)