History: First established in June 1933 as Cannon Committee. Became Advisory Committee when the Prize's administration turned over to the AAUW in 1974. The Prize is now (2005) being administered by the AAS and is being restructured.
Members: Originally, three members with one new member nominated every two years by the Appointments Committee for approval by the Council in January. With the amendment shortening the term to three years and awarding the prize annually, one new member is nominated and approved annually.
- Seth Redfield, Chair (Jan 2011 - Dec 2013)
Van Vleck Observatory
Middletown, CT 06459-0001 United States
Fax: (860) 685-2131
- Vassiliki Kalogera (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)
- Melissa McGrath (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)
- Mercedes T. Richards (Jan 2013 - Dec 2015)
- Joseph C. Shields (Jun 2012 - Dec 2015)
- Alycia J. Weinberger (Jan 2012 - Dec 2015)