The AAS seeks session proposals for the 223rd AAS meeting in Washington, DC, 5-9 January 2014. We welcome proposals on both broad and narrow topics that will appeal to large and small groups.
Meetings Tag Definition: Relates to the overall Meetings program and everything produced by the Meetings Department. Additional meeting specific tags (e.g. aas222) are used to categorize items for individual meetings.
- Items produced by other departments for a specific meeting do not contain the general Meetings tag. They are categoriezed within their subject area (e.g. Press, Policy, Public Outreach) plus they contain the specific meeting tag (e.g. aas222).
- Members may subscribe to the main Meetings category to receive notifications for ALL meetings OR they may subscribe to individual meetings using the specific meeting number tags.
The abstract deadline for the Long Beach meeting is today at 9:00pm ET. You may have notice some slowness today because of the amount of traffic to the AAS website but it should be more responsive now. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The conference, in February 2015, will celebrate what has been done with the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE), what is being done with NEOWISE, and what will be done in the future.
The AAS offers several opportunities for job seekers and employers at the AAS Meeting.
Meeting: DPS 46th Annual Meeting - Tucson, AZ
Registration Count: 205 (21 October 2014 03:20 PM EDT)
The AAS Employment Committee and others have arranged an excellent lineup of professional development workshops at the winter meeting in Seattle, Washington. Register now!
Learn how to communicate more effectively with the press and public by attending the AAS/NRAO Science Communication Workshop on Sunday afternoon, 4 January, in Seattle.
Grab your coffee mug and make your travel plans for the 225th AAS meeting, when the Society returns to the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, 4-8 January 2015.
Meeting: 225th AAS Meeting, Seattle, WA
Registration Count: 1210 (21 October 2014 03:20 PM EDT)
The AAS assists with onsite child care, grants to cover some of the costs and offer a forum for sharing child care or organizing family activities.
- Welcome reception
- Sunday, 26 April 2015
- Conference Banquet
- Agency Reports
- SPD Business Meeting
- Bart DePontieu - Sun
- Tim Fuller-Rowell - Ionosphere-Thermosphere-Mesosphere
- Justin Kasper - Heliosphere
- Janet Kozyra - Magnetosphere
- Space Weather
- Plasma-Neutral Coupling
- Magnetic Reconnection
Discipline Specific Sessions
- Global Oscillation Network Group (GONG)
Organizer: Kirin Jain