All Posts by Scott T. Idem
Hyatt Regency Monterey
1 Old Golf Course Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Group Room Rates
Single and Double Occupancy $189
Triple Occupancy $214
Quad Occupancy $239
A $2.15 county tourism assessment fee is applied for each night's stay
Meetings Department Phone Number: 202-328-2010 ext. 2013
Deadlines for abstract submissions have been reached for the 222nd Meeting. Please look for the 223rd Meeting abstract submissions to open in August 2013.
Speaker Ready Room
All presentations for oral sessions will be submitted to the Speaker Ready Room where they will be distributed to the appropriate computer by our technicians.
Organizer: Eileen Friel, Indiana University
Organizer: Barbara Whitney, University of Wisconsin
R. Paul Drake, University of Michigan
Steve Federman, University of Toledo
Wick Haxton, University of California at Berkeley
Farid Salama, NASA Ames Research Laboratory
Daniel Wolf Savin, Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory
Meeting: AAS 222 Meeting Indianapolis, IN
Registration Count: 573 (19 June 2013 10:55 PM EDT)
Meeting: HEAD 2013 Meeting: Monterey. CA
Registration Count: 347 (19 June 2013 10:55 PM EDT)
Click the session number or title below to view or change the video.
- 100: Welcoming Address by UAA Chancellor Tom Case;
AAS Welcomes New Division (Audio Only)
- 101: Kavil Prize: Laboratory Astrophysics as Key to Understanding the Universe
- 112: SPD Hale Prize: The Two Sources of Solar Energetic Particles
- 126: Exploring the Planet Mercury: One Year of MESSENGER Orbital Observations
- 127: Transits of Venus and Mercury: Exoplanet Analogs in Our Solar System
- 300: SPD Harvey Prize: The Solar Cycle: From Understanding to Forecasting
- 311: Russell Prize: The Cold Dark Matter Theory of Galaxy Formation: A Status Report
- 325: The Plasma Physics of Cosmic Rays
- 327: Public Talk: The Accelerating Universe
- 400: SPD Parker Lecture: How to Observe (Rather Than Model) The Interiors of Stars
- 412: Warner Prize: Bubble, Bubble, Toil, And Trouble: A Theorist's Romp Through The Cosmic Dawn
- 425: Under the Radar: The First Woman in Radio Astronomy, Ruby Payne-Scott
- 426: SkyMapper: Surveying the Southern Sky
- 500: SPD Parker Lecture: Solar Twins and Stellar Maunder Minima
- 510: Yup'ik Understandings of the Environment: "The World is Changing Following Its People"
- 519: Mix One-Part Astronomy Education Research with One-Part General Education Astronomy Course and You Get a Very Potent Science Literacy Transformation Cocktail
- 520: AIP Germant Award: Tycho to Kepler: Four Centuries and More of Astronomy and the Media
- What's New Under the Sun
- Galaxies Bright, Faint, Near & Far
- A Matter of Some Gravity
- Stars & Stellar Systems
- Exoplanets & Brown Dwarfs
- Small Round (& Not-So-Round) Things
Meeting: AAS 221 Meeting Long Beach
Registration Count: 2868 (19 June 2013 10:55 PM EDT)
Video from the Boston Meeting including, "Remembering John Huchra."
Vote in the AAS 2013 Election
Click the link below to go to the AAS Voting page. You will need to log in with your AAS username (default is your member ID) and password. If you have a problem logging in try resetting your password.
Vote Online: Vote in the AAS 2013 election
Vote By Paper: Any member wishing to use a paper ballot may request one by phone (202) 328-2010 ext. 115, fax (202) 234-2560 or by email to email@example.com. Include your member number with your request.
Voting will close at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on 31 January 2013.