The AAS online membership directory is now more secure, and it displays more information to members than it does to nonmembers — as long as you sign in.
All Posts by Scott T. Idem
Language to be determined
Is there an application deadline?
The recent Internet security vulnerability doesn't appear to have compromised any AAS member data, but we nevertheless recommend that you change all your online passwords.
History: Established 2013.
Meeting: AAS 224th Meeting, Boston, MA
Registration Count: 1185 (27 August 2014 05:49 PM EDT)
There is currently no AAS Agents Training Webinar scheduled.
When the next one is announced, this page will contain instructions for how to tune in.
In the meantime, see the briefing presentation and reference manual available below as downloadable PDFs.
Hyatt Regency Monterey
1 Old Golf Course Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Single and Double Occupancy $123
Triple Occupancy $148
Quad Occupancy $173
A $2.15 county tourism assessment fee is applied for each night's stay
Meetings Department Phone Number: 202-328-2010 ext. 2013
The abstract submission period has closed.
Speaker Ready Room
All presentations for oral sessions will be submitted to the Speaker Ready Room where they will be distributed to the appropriate computer by our technicians.
Organizer: Eileen Friel, Indiana University
Organizer: Barbara Whitney, University of Wisconsin
R. Paul Drake, University of Michigan
Steve Federman, University of Toledo
Wick Haxton, University of California at Berkeley
Farid Salama, NASA Ames Research Laboratory
Daniel Wolf Savin, Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory
Meeting: AAS 222 Meeting Indianapolis, IN
Registration Count: 572 (27 August 2014 05:49 PM EDT)
Meeting: HEAD 2013 Meeting: Monterey. CA
Registration Count: 347 (27 August 2014 05:49 PM EDT)
Click the session number or title below to view or change the video.
- 100: Welcoming Address by UAA Chancellor Tom Case;
AAS Welcomes New Division (Audio Only)
- 101: Kavil Prize: Laboratory Astrophysics as Key to Understanding the Universe
- 112: SPD Hale Prize: The Two Sources of Solar Energetic Particles
- 126: Exploring the Planet Mercury: One Year of MESSENGER Orbital Observations
- 127: Transits of Venus and Mercury: Exoplanet Analogs in Our Solar System
- 300: SPD Harvey Prize: The Solar Cycle: From Understanding to Forecasting
- 311: Russell Prize: The Cold Dark Matter Theory of Galaxy Formation: A Status Report
- 325: The Plasma Physics of Cosmic Rays
- 327: Public Talk: The Accelerating Universe
- 400: SPD Parker Lecture: How to Observe (Rather Than Model) The Interiors of Stars
- 412: Warner Prize: Bubble, Bubble, Toil, And Trouble: A Theorist's Romp Through The Cosmic Dawn
- 425: Under the Radar: The First Woman in Radio Astronomy, Ruby Payne-Scott
- 426: SkyMapper: Surveying the Southern Sky
- 500: SPD Parker Lecture: Solar Twins and Stellar Maunder Minima
- 510: Yup'ik Understandings of the Environment: "The World is Changing Following Its People"
- 519: Mix One-Part Astronomy Education Research with One-Part General Education Astronomy Course and You Get a Very Potent Science Literacy Transformation Cocktail
- 520: AIP Germant Award: Tycho to Kepler: Four Centuries and More of Astronomy and the Media
- What's New Under the Sun
- Galaxies Bright, Faint, Near & Far
- A Matter of Some Gravity
- Stars & Stellar Systems
- Exoplanets & Brown Dwarfs
- Small Round (& Not-So-Round) Things
Meeting: AAS 221 Meeting Long Beach
Registration Count: 2866 (27 August 2014 05:49 PM EDT)