Editor: Judith M. Johnson
Associate Editor: Crystal Tinch
AAS Executive Officer: Kevin B. Marvel
Associate Editor, Letters: Jeffrey Linsky, U. Colorado
The AAS Newsletter is published online six times a year. The Newsletter is a PDF compilation of articles that have been published on the AAS website.
Items of general interest to be considered for publication in the AAS Newsletter should be submitted using the blue Post button at the top right-hand side of the AAS website. You must be logged in and an AAS Member to submit articles. Appropriate pictures and graphics are welcomed. If digital, images should have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Also, black and white or color photos of any size will do. The deadline for submission of articles is approximately six weeks prior to the first of the publication month. Articles will be published and edited at the discretion of the Editor.
|January/February:||15 December 2012|
|March/April:||1 March 2013|
|May/June:||5 April 2013|
|July/August:||7 June 2013|
|September/October:||9 August 2013|
|November/December:||27 September 2013|
The Newsletter no longer includes a Calendar section. Meetings of interest to astronomers may be submitted to the online AAS Calendar
Letters to the Editor:
Letters on current issues of importance to astronomers are welcomed. Letters must be signed and should not exceed 250 words. Letters should be submitted using the blue Post button at the top right-hand side of the AAS website.
Some Newsletter back-issues are available in PDF. Since the AAS Newsletter is distributed as a benefit of membership in the AAS, current issues will not be posted.
Special Features of Each Issue:
- March/April: AAS Election results; Highlights of the Winter AAS meeting and Council actions at that meeting; Proposal Solicitation for next Winter Meeting; information about Spring meeting;
- May/June: Annual AAS and Division Prizes;
- July/August: Preliminary Slate of Candidates for AAS office; Highlights of the Spring AAS meeting, and Council actions at that meeting;
- September/October: Final Slate, AAS Elections; Winter Meeting Information; Proposal Solicitation for next Spring/Summer Meeting;
- November/December: Statements of the Candidates for AAS Office and the Election Ballot.
All Issues May Include:
- Society Business, Executive Office Administrative items
- Committee reports and Education columns, as available
- Highlights of recent Division Meetings; Division News
- Announcements of Grant Opportunities, Call for Observing Proposals
- Nominations for various awards and honors; and other news, etc.
- Honors received by AAS members
- News from the Astronomical Society of the Pacific
- Washington News: Updates on federal and congressional actions affecting astronomy