Each year, the AAS participates in a Congressional Visits Day (CVD) organized by the Science-Engineering-Technology Working Group. This event brings over 200 scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, and technology executives to Washington to raise visibility and support for science, engineering, and technology. This year's event will take place 25 - 26 March 2014.
Sign ups for 2014 are now closed. If you were not selected for this year's event, please check back next winter for the 2015 sign-ups!
The links below [for members only] will take you to pages with instructions for volunteers related to each aspect of the event.
- Travel & Accommodations [UPDATED Friday 21 March 2014]
- Arranging Meetings with Policymakers and Their Staff
- Pre-Briefings [UPDATED Thursday 27 March 2014 with feedback form]
- Itinerary [UPDATED Friday 21 March 2014]
- Selected Web Resources [UPDATED Friday 14 March 2014]
- Leave Behind