Contribute to the AAS's Spring 2014 Campaign
To foster and recognize excellence in astronomy, the AAS awards prizes for outstanding contributions to research, instrumentation, education, and service. The achievements of AAS prizewinners are celebrated throughout the world. They make lasting impressions on everyone who follows advances in our field, and they inspire the next generation to ensure future impacts.
We invite you to contribute to our Spring 2014 campaign, “Lasting Impressions & Future Impacts,” to support our mission to enhance and share humanity’s scientific understanding of the universe. While donations are welcome to any and all our funds, we especially encourage contributions to sustain these AAS prizes and programs:
- The Annie Jump Cannon Award, for distinguished contributions to astronomy by a woman.
- The George Van Biesbroeck Prize, for long-term extraordinary or unselfish service to astronomy.
- The Joseph Weber Award, for the design, invention, or significant improvement of instrumentation leading to advances in astronomy.
- Childcare Grants, to aid members who need to bring children to a meeting of the AAS.
- The Laboratory Astrophysics Division, our newest division, whose mission is to advance our understanding of the universe through the promotion of fundamental theoretical and experimental research into the underlying processes that drive the cosmos.
We also welcome contributions to the AAS General Fund, our unrestricted account, which we use to support areas of greatest need.
The AAS publishes the leading research journals in our field, organizes the largest astronomy conferences in the world, and represents the interests of the astronomical community to policy makers in Washington, DC. The Society also offers professional development, education resources, and a variety of other services to students and professionals working in the astronomical sciences. Your support, through your membership and your voluntary contributions, makes it all possible.
The AAS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, and all donations by U.S. taxpayers are deductible under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. Please contribute online (you'll need to log in with your AAS username and password; if you don't remember either or both, email our Membership Dept. for help). Thank you!
Membership Services Manager