Members: Appointed in January by the Council.
Term: Two years, June to June.
Chair: Appointed by the Council. Serves from one annual business meeting to the next: June - June.
Charge: Nominates candidates for the Helen B. Warner Prize for Astronomy and the Newton Lacy Pierce Prize in Astronomy.
"Noting that the Warner/Pierce Prizes are for junior astronomers, that the Heineman Prize has been established as a mid-career award, and that the Russell Lectureship traditionally has been for senior astronomers, the Council requests the Warner/Pierce Prize Committee, the Heineman Prize Committee, and the Russell Lectureship Committee to take full note of this distinction in making each annual choice."
- Amy J. Barger, Chair (Jan 2011 - Dec 2013)
Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
475 N Charter St
Dept. of Astronomy
Madison, WI 53706-1507 United States
Fax: (608) 263-6386
- Ronald J. Buta (Jan 2012 - Dec 2014)
- Julianne Dalcanton (Jun 2012 - Dec 2014)
- Debra Fischer (Jan 2011 - Dec 2013)
- Christopher M. Johns-Krull (Jan 2012 - Dec 2014)
- Richard J. Rand (Jan 2012 - Dec 2014)
- Guillermo Torres (Jan 2011 - Dec 2013)