Members: Appointed in January by the Council.
Term: Two years, June to June.
Chair: Appointed by the Council. Serves from one annual business meeting to the next: June - June.
Charge: Nominates candidates for the Helen B. Warner Prize for Astronomy and the Newton Lacy Pierce Prize in Astronomy.
"Noting that the Warner/Pierce Prizes are for junior astronomers, that the Heineman Prize has been established as a mid-career award, and that the Russell Lectureship traditionally has been for senior astronomers, the Council requests the Warner/Pierce Prize Committee, the Heineman Prize Committee, and the Russell Lectureship Committee to take full note of this distinction in making each annual choice."
- Ronald J. Buta, Chair (Jun 2012 - Jun 2014)
University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0324 United States
Fax: (205) 348-5051
- Adam J. Burgasser (Jun 2013 - Jun 2015)
- Julianne Dalcanton (Jun 2012 - Jun 2014)
- Christopher M. Johns-Krull (Jan 2012 - Jun 2014)
- Lucy-Ann A. McFadden (Jun 2013 - Jun 2015)
- Richard J. Rand (Jan 2012 - Dec 2014)
- Ellen Gould Zweibel (Jun 2013 - Jun 2015)